Yard Sale!!!
Well, today is day 2 of my yard sale. Yesterday I made $130!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! My mom thought maybe we should do it again today since I did so well yesterday, but so far not a soul has even driven by. Then again, I did just change the signs this morning. I woke up at 6 am. Bad idea. This is what the yard sale looks like from the street.

Aside from the yard sale, things are going great back in Massachusetts. Today is my last day and I still have lots to do. I need to run to Wal-Mart today for last minute things and possibly drop off at Goodwill all the stuff that doesn't sell. I'm not sure what my Mom wants to do with her stuff, but my stuff is leaving! My bags are packed, except for one carry-on which will be packed in the morning before I leave. I took everything down in my little room and have put all my stuff up in the attic in one spot. I really don't have too much. It's been really weird these last few weeks.
I mentioned to Mom that today was my last day and she got a bit misty. It was kind of funny how it happened because we were outside talking and then hugging and John came out and said "What's going on out there?!?!" And I said, "We're just hugging. What? You want in?" He said "Yeah!" and came out to join us. It was nice. I'm gonna miss being around here with everyone.
Well, since I have this free time to sit and watch nothing sell... I'm going to make use of it and read. I'm almost caught up in my Bible reading!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Ok, I'm going for real. My next post will be from California, Lord-willing!!!! God bless!
p.s. Just a funny, random story.... Yesterday several people told me that this was the most organized yard sale they've ever been to. HA! I thought I was all over the place! Kinda nice though to know I can set up a yard sale. One lady asked me if I rent myself out to set up other people's yard sales. hahahaha. Yeah, I thought it was funny.

2 Comments:
Amy! Yes i am in CA. But i dont know if i can move in early yet. Kathy hasnt gotten back to me. I saw Becca, JOdi, Slusher and Happy today. Ruth is coming Thursday - Sunday!!! I am way excited!!
It's conmforting to know you can always fall back on a job as a Yard Sale Organizer, just in case your major doesn't work out. ;)
Have a safe trip. We'll miss seeing you from time to time, but at least I can keep track of you on your blog. Say "Hi" to all the "NH West Coast Contingent" for me! I may be coming out around Tim's birthday to see the King Tut exhibit at LA County Art Museum (I read about it on my way to Egypt!)...and Tim and Leah of course...and any other friends I chance upon out there. Leah said Nate's new job is pretty close to where she and Tim are living. [Pray for Tim as he works his way through Advanced Hebrew this year. Who'd-a-thought...the kid who didn't want to take Spanish or ANY language in HS is now able to read both Hebrew and koine Greek pretty well. That only demonstrates the grace of God, I'd say!]
Post a Comment
<< Home