Monday, August 01, 2005

Goose

I realize I haven't posted about Goose, the farm dog, in a while. Since Mrs. Costine showed some interest, I thought I'd say a little something....

He was taken to the vet a week or two ago and given medicine because 1) he had kennel cough and 2) at just over 10 lbs., he was 8 lbs. underweight. Since then he's been gaining weight slowly and resting a lot, though still enjoys gnawing people's shoelaces very much. He seriously enjoys playing fetch and loves strawberries and blueberries. Today he even ate a small zucchini! It was funny watching him eat a whole, raw zucchini as he started with the stem. He's a strange dog, but still cute. He is very smart and makes me want to get one some day! :-D We'll see though... dogs are expensive!

Goose has another appointment with the vet on Thursday, I believe it is, and everyone on the farm is guessing how much he'll weigh. I guessed 15 lbs. 7 oz. Other guesses ranged from 14 lbs. 2 oz. all the way up to 16 lbs. I'd actually be glad if he beat all of our guesses and was back up to the weight he should be at... Oh well. The important thing is, he's getting better! Oh, and I'm hoping to take some pictures of him and maybe some of my co-workers at the farm, but we'll see. Maybe I'll do that some evening after I've gone home and relaxed a bit.

Alright, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have pics of Goose soon!

1 Comments:

At August 03, 2005 1:02 PM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

Hey Amy,
I haven't checked back for a few days, but I'm glad to hear the pup is doing better. And of course she's intelligent if she's a Border Collie (just extra active - Beth got a cute b'day card showing a dog staring at his master who was sitting in his easy chair and reading the newspaper. the guy says to his pet, "I know you're a working breed, but I just don't have anything for you to do right now.")
And...I was thinking about the guy at work and his questioning the state's right to approve marriage. You might ask him if he thinks children of a union should have any rights, or if individuals in a union should have any property rights, etc. It's the state's official sanction that protects such rights. I knew a young woman, living far from family, who lived with her older paramour and had two children by him. When he was done with her, she had nothing...no home, no car, no money, no job, no children. He had them all. Because there was no state sanctioned union, she was out of luck. Not bad if you're the guy or if you're primarily concerned with only your own best interests.
Mrs. C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home