Monday, August 01, 2005

Marriage and a mosquito or nine

Interesting day at work today. First of all, time felt like it was going by very quickly, which was nice. Second, Tyler asked me why the government has to be the ones to sanction marriage. He was sort of asking what the Bible said about it and sort of asking why people can't just decide they are married. I said it is a covenant before God and there is a purpose for the witnesses there so that the couple has even more accountability. He said it was almost more pressure on the marriage with so many people watching, to which I replied, "Yeah, that's the point! Marriage is a serious thing!" But he wanted to know if there was something in the Bible that explained that a couple needed witnesses at their wedding. I was kind of stumped. I said that my understanding of it was that there are laws and licenses that determine a couple to be married and we are to follow them. I didn't have much more of an answer, but I told him I'd look it up and get back to him. Anyone have any verses that might help? I'd love some input!

The other part of my title.... It was warm today and I wore pants so I got even more warm and decided to roll them up a bit exposing my ankles. I stood for maybe 45 minutes making cashew butter up at the front register and got NINE mosquito bites on my ankles! RIDICULOUS!!! I'm trying my hardest not to itch them, but they REALLY itch bad! I put some anti-itch stuff on them and have decided that I may never stand still at work again while my ankles are exposed. Blast those mosquitoes!!! Well, that was my exciting day. Off to reading!!! I'm on schedule to catch up on my Bible reading by the start of the semester! WOO HOOO!!!!!! Have a wonderful afternoon and God bless!

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2005 4:33 PM, Blogger Happy said...

OK, if you have an itch you can't itch your itch. You can scratch your itch, though. Just thought I'd point this discrepancy out mostly because NO ONE ever comments here!! C'mon people, make this a little more fun! All you have to do is say something stupid, or correct someone!

 
At August 02, 2005 5:40 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I always itch my itch. You can scratch your itch if you'd like, but I itch my itch :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home