On the lake
Last night from 4-8 pm Mom, John, Lisa, Dan and I all went out on the boat. We picked up Dan's friend Indiana and her mom, Beth, and Dan and Indiana went tubing. I pretty much read the whole time. I finished Tyler's book and gave it back to him today. He wants me to watch this movie... it's all in French with subtitles.... He said it's about a donkey and it follows his life from owner to owner and is supposed to be a model of Christ. Interesting. I'm going to watch it later tonight I think. We're going on the boat again when John gets back from the gallery!!! The only unfortunate thing about being on the lake is that my phone gets NO reception at all. Kind of a bummer, but it's REALLY nice to go swimming!!!! Dan and I swam across probably half the lake yesterday because we were getting too close to someone's house. We had on life vests, so it really wasn't bad, but it was lots of fun. I miss swimming!!!
Today at the farm was again somewhat uneventful except that Goose now likes the water. Paul took him for a walk by this little stream near the farm and, though before he wouldn't go near the water, he now jumped right in. Paul had a hard time getting him out! When they came back Goose's legs were all muddy. hehe. He's such a cute puppy!
Yesterday I spent the last 45 minutes of my shift cleaning out the freezer that normally holds our ice bags. Since we were all out and it took me a LONG time to get the last bags out, which were frozen into the bottom two inches of ice, I decided to defrost and remove all the ice from the freezer. It was fun smashing it with a rubber mallet to get all the ice out. Just when I thought I was close to done, Danny came out and said, "You know, that rack comes out of the bottom. Might as well take it out and do the job right!" So he took it out and then I saw there was another two inches of ice under the rack, previously hidden from my eyes. Thankfully Danny took a metal sign post and used it as an ice pick to loosen most of the ice for me. Paul told me that Goose was laying on all the ice I'd tossed aside from the freezer. Goose likes to lick ice... and apparently lay on it if there is enough! So, by the time I was done, I was sweating more than I normally do on my bike ride home, which is pretty significant. Yeah, it was nasty, but very satisfying :-)
Saturday I sat for Mom's art class and finished Vienna Prelude. SOOO GOOD!!! I'm going to start the next one right now and read it tonight on the boat. hehehehehe.
Hey, thanks for all the comments about Lisa's haircut. It's been really funny reading them all and getting excited about being back in CA. Keep the comments coming!!

3 Comments:
A life vest? In a lake? Why? Is that so you can be a good example to Dan? Or maybe it's a fashion statement, since you are the COOLEST GIRL EVER!! Just wanted to know.
I got the best of both worlds. I could be an example to Dan AND make an incredibly cool fashion statement!!
Yeah. . . life vests are B!
Post a Comment
<< Home