Rest after vacation
This week has been SO crazy, but a LOT of fun. Ruth and I have been travelling all over the place and I think that I'm going to need to rest after this "vacation."
Saturday morning Lisa and I picked Ruth up from the Albany airport and then made our way to the mall in Albany to go dress shopping for Mike and Raphaelle's wedding in July. Ruth was exhausted, but very patient and helpful as I tried on dress after dress. Lisa found her dress right away and I was about to go home defeated, but we looked in one last store and I found one.... FINALLY. Still, my mom has to adjust some things with it, but it should be great. I just want to say that it is incredibly difficult finding a dress that is modest yet not Amish.
We went home, had dinner and then left for New Hampshire and stayed with the Crabbs. Sunday was wonderful for me because we got to go to my church and I saw everyone I haven't seen since Christmas. All the little kids are so big! My 2s and 3s Sunday school class was graduating from kindergarten! And the next day I turned 22. I feel so old.
Oh, by the way, Becky and Steve's new son Josiah is beautiful! He is such a sweet baby and makes the best faces. I got to hold him a few times and he's just adorable. And.... I'm such a girl! hehehe....
Sunday afternoon the Crabbs had a birthday party for me, which was SO funny. I miss meals with them. My dad came and it was a wonderful time of fellowship and laughter and cake :-) Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. YUM!
Ok, this post is getting long so maybe I'll summarize briefly what we did each day and then go back and write details if I get to it. Yeah, that sounds good.
Monday we went to Maine and visited the Kittery Trading Post and York Beach where we saw a lighthouse (through the fog) and took many pictures. Then we made our way down to Portsmouth, NH and walked around a bit at Prescott Park before returning to my ticketed car and heading back to the Crabb's to bring Audrey home. Ruth and I kept going. I showed her where I used to live in East Derry and then showed here where Alan Shepard lived. We then went to the Robert Frost Farm and walked around the woods there since the farm itself was closed before heading over to my FAVORITE playground. They had re-painted most of it and it looked really nice. We went on the swings for a while before heading over to dinner at Olive Garden and then went to Becky and Steve's for an hour to say bye before I left Tuesday.
Tuesday morning we had breakfast with my dad at Maryann's. It was GREAT and we were filled up the whole day. After breakfast Ruth and I drove down to Sullivan Square to take the T into Boston. Once there, we began the Freedom Trail. We finished and were back at the car by 5 pm, just in time for rush hour. We finally made it to the Mass Pike where we got off and ate dinner before the 2 1/2 hour drive home. We made it home around 9 pm and pretty much went straight to bed after washing our filthy, dirty feet.
Wednesday was very relaxing. We slept in and went up to Stockbridge (10 minutes from me) and the Norman Rockwell Museum for a few hours. Dinner was great at home with my family and then I took Ruth to the lake where we stayed about 5-10 minutes since it was cloudy and windy. I showed her the farm (Taft) but it was closed, so we went home and watched Shrek 2 and organized our trip to NYC.
Thursday we went to NYC. I will write another whole post for that one because there were some adventures in the morning. We got back last night around 11:30 and went straight to sleep.
This morning since I woke up I've been really allergic and my eyes are all puffy. Great. Ruth leaves today at 2:30 from Albany, but I'm going to actually take her to the farm and show her Mom and John's gallery before we go. Right now I'm going to go read! Phew... long post... thanks for reading it all! I'll write more about NYC soon (hopefully). God bless!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home