finals are here
It is 1:00 am and I am in the library working. Actually, we are getting paid to "supervise" and study if we want. My choice is to do something that will keep me awak, such as write a post for my blog.
Today was the first day of finals and I had two. The first was English Literature at 8 am and then US Government at 1 pm. It was a long night last night finishing my term paper for English and studying, but I'm glad to be done with both of those classes. Now I just have Hebrew and Foundations of Science left to study for, although I will be going to my Message Preparation class to wrap up the semester without an exam (praise the LORD!), just a course evaluation.
Happy had the same English Literature final with me and doesn't have another final until Thursday. Rhetorical Criticism is his first exam on Thursday at 10 am (I think) and then we both have Foundations of Science at 1 pm. His Rhetorical Criticism exam is going to be HARD. Tonight at dinner he was telling me that they are trying to get the whole class together to go over the notes and study. Craziness.
Tomorrow I'll be studying Hebrew most of the day. Dr. Boyd told our class that we would be translating Genesis 29 for our exam and parsing the verbs in it as well. He told us last Wednesday that we weren't allowed to look at an English translation of Genesis 29 until after we take our exam in his class. He's a funny man. I'm glad the Lord put me in that class this semester, even though it was a struggle for so long. I learned more about myself than I wanted to, but the Lord has taught me lessons I hope to keep for the rest of my life.
Isn't it terrible that we think we are better than everyone else? I can be so judgmental simply because I am insecure or not trusting the Lord. That's one of the best things about Happy. He is friends with everyone and doesn't look down on them if they are different or weird to him. Yeah, he's definitely an example to me EVERY day :-)
Well, I'm going to see if I can get some reading done without falling asleep. Good night and God bless!

4 Comments:
Hey Amy! Good luck on finals! Andrew not judgemental? ha!... i was going to come back with a witty retort playing upon how when we were kids he did something, but honestly, he is nice to everybody....bumm, trying to show me up...
anyhoo, good luck!
~Michael
so, you had to go from Cook to Boyd in Hebrew? ahahaha, i've heard that's pretty tough. but i will pity you because i can sympathize with hebrew finals. next semester i have to take Hebrew Exegesis.... BOOOO!!!!! i haven't had hebrew in a year, so it should be interesting. well, hope the rest of finals week goes well for you!
Hey Amy,
Found your blog through Tim's page. I'll be praying for you as you finish up the semester. Are you coming back East for the summer? I haven't seen your IBEX pics yet!
Debi C.
Thanks for all your comments! Yeah, Mike, Happy's a nice guy to everybody. BUT, you seemed like a pretty nice guy when I met you :-)
Tim, it was so cool seeing you and Leah together! I'm so excited for you guys!! Yeah, good luck with Hebrew... I actually had Bill in Israel so it was quite the contrast coming back to Boyd. I'm sure you'll get back into it well enough, but I'd prolly start refreshing over the summer!
Hi Mrs. Costine!! I will be coming back East for the summer where I have two jobs waiting for me out in Great Barrington with my mom. I'll have to share my IBEX pics with you some time that I come up to NH for a weekend. Hopefully I'll be up a few times over the summer!
Post a Comment
<< Home