Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Lots to talk about!

I'm back in New England for the summer living with Mom, John, Lisa and Dan in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. So far, the Lord has provided ABUNDANTLY above and beyond all I could have asked or imagined. I talked to my boss at the farm and she has been so excited for me to come back. I asked her about a raise and will be getting $9.50/hr rather than the $9.00/hr I got last summer... PRAISE THE LORD!!! Then I talked to Jessie, Maya's mom, and they are going to work out a summer calendar for me. Lisa also got the name of another family with two boys, aged 5 and 2, that may need a nanny. I'll be calling them once I get things straightened out with Jessie and Maya. Priorities, right?

Other than jobs, it's been wonderful seeing my family again. My little room on the porch is lovely at night, not as cold as I remember it being last summer. This Saturday Ruth is coming to visit me!!! I'm SO excited to take her around New England and show her all the things that I grew up with. It'll be weird mixing my "two worlds," kind of like when Lisa came to visit me in CA, but it's a lot of fun. At least I won't be in school at the same time!

So, I was really super emotional the last week before I left. Happy was great in dealing with my tears, although I tried to hold them back most of the time. It was incredibly hard leaving him, and I miss him a LOT, but this will be a good time of communicating and thinking of new ways to show him how much he means to me. Lord willing, we're up for the challenge!

Thankfully, I was able to change my cell phone number to his area code, which means he doesn't need to use a calling card to call me. It is so much easier! Plus, he can just call me when he gets a little break from work, which is wonderful. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to keep that up, but we already figured out that his break at 9 am will perfectly coincide with my lunch break at the farm :-D We are so cheesy. hehe.

I keep writing because I keep thinking off all these new things! I just remembered my birthday is only 5 days away and then I remembered the lovely birthday party that the Gilmores had for me. Mrs. Gilmore made me a birthday dinner and everything... including my favorite cake: yellow cake with chocolate frosting. SOOO GOOD!!! I felt pretty special :-) Trev and Scott even gave me a card as did Happy, which pointed out that I'm older than him. Yep, I'm practically senile. I'll be 22 on the 6th and he won't be 21 until August 2nd! Craziness.

Ok, last thing, I hope. This weekend I'm taking Ruth up to New Hampshire to visit my church and meet the Crabb family. We'll spend a day in Boston and then make our way back to Great Barrington. That's the plan right now at least. The Crabbs will have a birthday party for me on Sunday too, which is really sweet of them. They have the best meal conversations because they are ALL over the place. I'm sure Ruth will have a memorable time with my adopted family in New Hampshire. Well, on that note, I will end this incredibly LOOOONG post. I'm not sure about my grade in Astronomy.... hmm... I think I'll check that and see if he's gotten them up. Good night and God bless!

1 Comments:

At June 02, 2005 6:02 PM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

Happy Birthday!! I'll look forward to seeing you this weekend.
Love, Mrs. C. (hint...Tim is my other kid ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home