Monday, May 22, 2006

First Day

I have no facts to back me up, but it would make perfect sense to me if people who work in cubicles run a greater risk of having mid-life crises. Yes, today was my first day at the temp job and, while I'm very thankful for it, it did not take me long to know that I do NOT want to do a job like this for any extended amount of time. I spent the entire day calling people who had a applied to the customer service department and asking them if they were still interested in the position. If they were I ran through a sheet of questions and recorded their answers. By the end, if they were still interested and sounded like they could do the job, I booked an appointment for them. Rather than complain, I'm going to play Twelve Blessings about this new job:

1. I have a job that pays $12.50/hr from now until June 30th, which is exactly the time frame in which I was hoping to have a job.
2. The company is very close to where I am living.
3. I trained with a girl named Michelle (she's 26) from Kentucky and got a chance to invite her to church with me. She's leaving the department this week though, so pray for more opportunities to meet and share my faith with others!
4. Michelle and I seem to have lots in common, so hopefully the Lord will use that in the future.
5. When I talk with people or leave messages for them, time seems to go pretty quickly :-)
6. It's satisfying to secure an interview.
7. It's encouraging when a qualified person really needs the job and I can make their day by asking them to come in for an interview.
8. I don't have anyone hanging over my shoulder all the time, but there are people I can ask for help at any point.
9. Everyone I've met seems pretty friendly.
10. I get an hour lunch break to read!
11. I can still get up early in the morning to read my Bible, pray and exercise before work.
12. It is amazing how tiring it is to sit and talk to people all day long. I will sleep well at night!

Ok, I'm feeling better about this job. Praise the Lord for the opportunities He gives! Also, there is an Appleone in Huntington Beach, so I think I'll have a head-start on the job hunt when Happy and I get back from our honeymoon. Yeah, the Lord is so good! Well, I'm off to meet Tasha, who is doing our wedding flowers! Have a lovely evening, God bless!

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm so glad to hear you've found a summer job. The Lord's provisions are great! But you're right working in a cubicle all day does have its definite challenges! I've been doing it for over a year now! IBEX Secretary was much more interusting. Oh well...some times you just do what you gotta do.

P.S. Your wedding invitations are beautiful!

 
At June 28, 2006 6:44 AM, Blogger Jen said...

OK Amy 10 days to go...surely you have something to write about? wedding updates or work being almost done?? I can't wait I will be in SoCal in 8 days!! YIPEE...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home