Saturday, March 25, 2006

Non-wedding update! :-)

School has definitely been taking the back burner for the last week, but I thought it'd be good to update my blog and thought it even better to have it be unrelated to wedding-ness :-)

Soooo... this past week I met with a girl I will be counseling in front of the whole class on Thursday and then the two weeks following that. Basically, I'm really scared and totally unsure of myself as I think about it; but I trust that the Lord (who is SO faithful) will help me to prepare for all He has set before me. Still, pray for me if you think of it, specifically on Thursday around 3:30 PST.

I also have a paper due on Tuesday night on the sufficiency of Scripture. I've really enjoyed the research I've done up to this point, but have yet to form an outline in my head, let alone on paper. This is on top of the other homework I have for that class, which is rather time-consuming. However, I love the class and all the homework we have to do is really interesting. The main thing I have to work on is reading a little less in-depth than I want to because I don't have the time!

I'm currently reading His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley, Jr. in order to write a critique of the book. I've read the first two chapters and am incredibly frustrated at the theology (or lack thereof) in it. Supposedly the author is a Christian, but you definitey wouldn't know it as you read the book! Up to this point the main focus has been affair-proofing your marriage. Basically, the husband seeks to understand and meet the needs of his wife so that she will do the same. As Dr. Smith said, it's a give-to-get solution for problems in marriage. It makes me sad as well as I think of how many people buy this hogwash... really sad.

Rather than end on such a sour note, I'd like to share a wonderful answer to prayer: Dan (my 10 year old brother) accepted Jesus into his heart on Sunday! Keep praying for him as he learns what it means to live his life as a Christian, but praise the Lord for extending his grace to my little brother!

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

I agree with you about meatless, proof-texted "Christian" books which are often filled with worldly philosophies. Somehow, too many Christians got themselves hooked on these travesties and pretty much stopped reading their Bibles. The power is in the Word...that's what we need to be reading! That's what we need to be studying! I just started a Ladie's Inductive Bible study of Philippians. So far everyone is excited to actually be reading the Bible and learning things...in context! Be praying for them as they study. I'm pretty excited about the class and am praying they discover the joy of studying their Bibles instead of books ABOUT the Bible. You have a distinct advantage in having been exposed to these dangers. You've learned to discern!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home