Saturday, March 04, 2006

Group Presentation

Praise the Lord!!! Again, the Lord demonstrated His faithfulness and grace in our group presentation on Wednesday. I had several people in the class tell me they really liked it AND Dr. Baker got up afterwards and said "Well, I don't have much to add to what they've already said. They did a great job taking the DSM-IV and explaining how to counsel each of the behaviors listed from Scripture." The DSM-IV (for those who aren't familiar with it already) is basically, as Dr. Baker put it, the bible of psychology. It lists out all the psychological diseases and the symptoms a person must have in order to be diagnosed with each particular disease. My post from two days ago has a link to check out the criteria for ADHD if you're interested. We took each one of the things listed there and explain how a person demonstrating that behavior should be counseled from Scripture. Jason, one of the guys in my group, did a GREAT job with that and I was very thankful for his work!

With that done, I'm looking forward to having an easier semester, hopefully. Over spring break I'l be doing lots of homework to get far ahead in as many classes as I can. This weekend will be a full one since my MABC class was cancelled last week and he said to turn in our homework the following week (this Tuesday). I, of course, did not do any of the homework because I was working on our group presentation. Soooo, guess where I'll be today??? That's right! The library!!! But for now, I'm off to small groups :-) Have a lovely weekend, God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home