Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Graduate work?

That's right... I'm doing graduate level work in one of my classes because of a scheduling mishap for one of my undergrad courses. The end result was me joining an MABC (Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling) class. I just got back from it and I have to say I noticed a slight (note the sarcasm) difference. Many of the undergrad Biblical counseling and graduate MABC courses overlap here and there, but the single class I missed is taught in two sections for the MABC students. I'm joining the second half and have to finish on my own the 10 worksheets that the class did last semester... on top of the regular work for the class. So, right now I feel a bit lost as he's reviewing material from last semester and everyone is nodding their heads. Then again, we did talk about the sovereignty of God tonight and about our functional theology (how we live life) versus our formal theology (what we say we believe). The two topics proved challenging to me, even though we will go more into depth as the semester progresses. Let that be a lesson to me as I'm tempted to feel overwhelmed! Yes, my God is sovereign and I will pray that He helps me to live like I believe it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home