Monday, January 23, 2006

MY LAST SEMESTER!!!

Break time! Today is my long work day (10:30-11:30 am and then 12:30-5:30 pm), along with tomorrow (9 am-noon and 1-4:30 pm) so I get to have a 15 minute break. Maybe I'll become consistent with posting a quick blurb during that break... We'll see :-)

After my last post I realized that I didn't mention anything about this semester's IBEX group. They left Saturday morning and I met the group taking the shuttle at 4:15 am! Thanks to Happy, who woke me up after my alarm didn't go off (I still don't know what happened), I was down there relatively on time to get everyone rounded up and ready to load up the bus taking them to LAX. It was an exciting morning, to say the least. Happy and I were back at school by 7:45 am and had to be at the final Truth & Life session at 9 am. I tried unsuccessfully to get in a little nap, but was wide awake due to the jolt I had from realizing my alarm had not gone off that morning. The adrenaline was just too much at that moment. I did, however, take a nice long nap that afternoon once I had the first brunch of the semester. YUM!

Other interesting news.... Ruth came to Truth & Life conference, so Heather and I got to spend some time catching up with her! It was lots of fun and I hope we can all make it up to visit her this year at home.

Classes started today and I had Old Testament Survey II with Dr. Varner (also my boss) at 8 am before chapel. He is quite the energetic teacher and I know I will love this class. His love for Israel will definitely make me miss it more though. Sigh... Some day I hope to go back, but we'll see. My class schedule this semester is kind of weird. I only have one class that meets more than once a week. My four other classes meet one each on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It's nice to have one class on Friday and be done with EVERYthing after lunch. Yeah, I think I planned it well. I hope this semester is a bit less stressful than last, but the Lord knows just what I can handle :-)

Ok, I'd better get back to work. In closing... I would just like to say that it is SO CRAZY that this is my LAST SEMESTER OF COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you and have a lovely day!

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you are posting so often! It's so nice to hear the news from your side of Southern California. Good luck with your LAST SEMESTER!!!

Love, Raphaelle

 
At January 24, 2006 1:32 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Raphaelle! I hope things are going well over in Santa Barbara. I miss you guys, we need to plan our Ventura thrift store day :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home