Monday, December 05, 2005

Don't worry, I'm alive

It has been a CRAZY semester! I think I had just about completely forgotten that I even have a blog. Yes, I am alive. Let me give a quick update before I get back to my homework. I have about 450 pages to read this week and two and a half (I'm almost done one of them) papers to write.

Um............... I've been doing a lot of homework lately................ Oh, I haven't written about Thanksgiving! I spent it with the Gilmore family and I had a wonderful time. I "helped" Mrs. Gilmore a little with cooking, but mostly just got to talk with her and watch football. Every year Happy, his dad and brothers, along with neighbors and friends from church get together to play a game of flag football. I got to watch the whole thing and it was pretty much hilarious. Sometimes I wonder why girls don't do things like that. Actually, I think they do. I need to develop my feminine hobbies like.... painting my nails and.... (dun dun dun) SHOPPING!

Speaking of shopping, I need to go Christmas shopping! I think I'll have to do that once I'm done with my two finals next week. Oh yeah, I only have TWO finals! Praise the LORD for that! I'm looking forward to being done with this crazy semester. Then again, I'll be working on my Directed Study Philosophy unit over Christmas break.... Ok, time for Twelve Blessings about LOTS of schoolwork (in no particular order).....

1. I always have something I can be doing.
2. I'm learning new things constantly.
3. I have a lot of really good books to read (again) later in life.
4. This ties in with the last one, but oh well.... There are several authors I know are biblical in their books as well, so I can recommend them.
5. It is training me to appreciate the time I have to relax.
6. I get so used to being busy that when I have free time I want to use it wisely (most of the time). :-)
7. This is exactly what the Lord has planned for me at this very moment to conform me to the image of His Son.
8. After the Senior Competency Exam and falling on my face, I'm learning to stop and pray in the midst of everything I am doing.
9. Writing all these papers gives me the chance to reflect on the things the Lord has been teaching me through my reading.
10. I think I'm learning to read faster!
11. I'm really really really really really excited about going home (not only to have less homework, but also to see my family and SNOW!)
12. I'm (hopefully) developing habits of reading and being a student that will carry on throughout the rest of my life.

Phew... Ok, that took longer than it should have. Back to work! Have a lovely week and hopefully I'll write on Friday and let you know how this week turned out. Everything crazy this week is due by Thursday, so that's nice to be done. YAY! Have a lovely day, God bless!

2 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're almost there Amy! You can do it! And Christmas is going to be so fun :)

Love, Raphaelle

 
At December 12, 2005 4:31 PM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

If you're coming home for Christmas, will you be able to come up for a visit to your NH friends? I'd love to find out what you've been reading and get any recommendations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home