Prayer does work
Please pray for Amy! She's having a rough time right now with a lot on her plate and not very much time in which to do. She's trusting God, but it's hard sometimes. Leave her a note of encouragement! Thanks,
Happy
welcome to the oh-so-exciting life of amy...
5 Comments:
To Amy:
My family is most gifted,
As andrew will tell you,
With that lovely gift of poetry,
And now i use it to wish well you.
A lot on your plate,so says happy,
And most understandable that is,
I simply dont see how you get along
with him, and a personality like his.
I guess your troubles arent him,
And your days are more packed,
With dizzying array of homework,
that causes you to your head smack.
But dont worry, the fervent prayers
Of the faithful will doubt lifted,
(hopefully by those more spiritually
blessd than i am poetry gifted)
So take heart and rely, on Him
Who both comforts and guides,
And allow him to comfort
On life's bumpy rides.
Good luck and God bless.
~Mike
Amy,
I already sent you an email, but here is this: Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
As Andrew says, prayer works. And, as my illustrious nephew has so eloquently said, rely on Him. A blog comment from Mike is to be much desired. Others you don't even know about are praying for you today too.
In Him,
Mrs. Gilmore
Hey Ms. Amy, Good luck with everything and remember that you can only do what you can do! Also, sometimes when I feel overwhelmed, I find that sitting down with a pint of ice cream and can do wonders. We're very excited to see you at Christmas. Mike's at school, but I'm sure he is thinking about you anyway.
Love, Raphaelle
Mike...
See what happens when you don't properly appreciate Homer? ;) My advice: Read more Homer. (Seriously, the heart comes through and that's what's important.)
Amy,
Sorry to read that life is piling up. I know how exhausting that can be. There is another side. You will be there soon. Once you're out of college it is a little easier to prioritize life. College just gets extrememly demanding at moments. I remember my final semester senior year: I was student teaching, taking the last class for my other major (I had a dual major), working and developing a relationship with Mr. C. He knew how overwhelmed I was and took me for a walk one afternoon. After a good cry, some fresh air and his encouragement, I was able to finish. (not as well as I would have wanted...but respectably!) So my advice (since I'm sure your prayer life and priortizing are already on line)...have Happy take you for a walk, let you cry and acknowledge with some sympathy. [I bet he already thought of this!]
Hi Amy,
I have been trying to think of some good end-of-college advice for you, but all I can think of is how nice it was to graduate (and start dreaming about going back to school). Be sure to take care of yourself, eat-well, sleep as much as a you can, and get lots of fresh air.
Love, Raphaelle
Post a Comment
<< Home