Monday, January 30, 2006

Howler monkeys

Another break time at work and I'm reminded of my little blog that so easily gets left in the dust :-)

The first week of classes went pretty slow for me, but things are definitely picking up! I talked with Dr. Baker about my MABC class and we worked it out. Hopefully the arrangement we made is good (he said I can tell him at any point if I think it's too much). I think it should be fine. Praise the Lord!

It's pretty weird having four of my classes take place only one day a week. I think I like it because it does seem as though I have more time. Fancy that... TIME! I've been trying to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night, which means going to bed by 10:30 almost every night. I'm definitely not complaining though. I've learned that I like going to bed early and getting up early. What's that saying? Early to bed, early to rise, makes a person... healthy, wealthy and wise? Is that it? I dunno about that, but it definitely works better for me.

Ok, so I've decided I'm going to send out email updates once a week or once every two weeks to those who are interested. I already have a list of some people, but if you are interested, leave a comment and let me know so I can add you to my "mailer" (if you can call it that).

Here's a random thought... How many of you take a daily multivitamin pill? I just got some yesterday and am trying to make it a priority to take one every day. Mrs. Gilmore informed me of the benefits of them and I thought perhaps I'd start a habit of it. The entire Gilmore family takes a multivitamin each morning and it seems to me that taking vitamin pills can only be a good thing. I mean, who ever heard of having too much calcium or vitamin C? That said, I'm not endorsing taking more than ONE daily multivitamin pill each day. I think there could be problems with that :-)

Well, this is a random post, but I blame that on the fact that I'm back at school.

Another random thought... this weekend a girl on my wing got engaged and they had a party for her last night around 9:30 or 10. I was probably asleep by 10, but Heather (my roommate) told me that they were screaming LOUDLY around 11 and 12. Apparently I slept through it. Reminds me of my brother sleeping through an attack on his camp by howler monkeys in Belize. That's an interesting story, but I'll leave it at that. Back to work for me! Have a lovely day, God bless!

6 Comments:

At January 30, 2006 6:27 PM, Blogger Happy said...

You can't say something like "attacked by howler monkeys" and then not say what in the world it was? This sounds like an awesome story!

 
At January 30, 2006 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, i was about to say the exact same thing as my prestigous cousin. I mean, seriously...howler monkeys? Belize? sounds like a recipe for fun. Oh and i want to sign up for that email boondoggle (great word). Uhm...i dont want to randomly post my email, so ask that good for nothing cousin of mine for it (...which i guess would make him good for something).
As to the vitamins, i just want to make sure of something: you do realize you are using the Gilmore Family as a positive example of taking vitamins, right? I mean... the Gilmores. ...U have actually met them all right? yes of course you have. But still...
~Mike (Parker...cuz there are a lot of Mike's out there...who would leave you a ridiculously comment...and refer to andrew as his cousin...)

 
At January 31, 2006 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can take the hint Mike; you WANT me to respond to your comment! The Gilmores are healthier than you Parkers you cannot help but agree. I simply told Amy that our family has less colds since taking a multivitamin and as Amy says, it can't hurt. Try it Mikey, you might like it. Actually Amy, you can overdose on too much of a good thing creating toxins in your body, but...........a multivitamin is safe once a day. Ta Ta For Now,

Aunt Robin/Mrs. Gilmore

 
At January 31, 2006 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Aunt Robin, i do in fact take vitamins (albeit on a somewhat haphazard basis ), and the jury is still out on whether or not they help (problem: i am allergic to one of the ingredients: zinc).
~Mike
PS: Thanks amy for the use of your comment section as a means of communication between my and my aunt.

 
At February 06, 2006 5:40 AM, Blogger Jen said...

AMY!! please put me on you e-mail list! I do miss getting them!
please do explain howler monkeys! I think it should be your next post! :)

 
At February 06, 2006 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Amy, i dont mean to pressure you, i know you are devestatingly busy, but of the 4 commenters on this one blog, 3 agree that the infamous "Howler Monkey Story" must be told. You have a captive audience here, I am just saying...
~Mike
PS: Also, my illustrious Aunt made mention of the Gilmore's being healthier than the Parkers, which, while true, has nothing to do with with vitamins. My family is just a wreck in general.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home