Graduation and everything else
I'm officially DONE with school. Actually, I've been done with everything since last Wednesday, May 10th around 1:30 pm when I completed my LAST paper of my college career. Now that it's all done it doesn't feel too different. I think when I'm not working at The Master's College anymore, it might sink in that I've graduated. Or maybe when my family is here the week before my wedding. Or maybe on my wedding day. Or maybe when I've moved down to the Huntington Beach area with my new husband. Weird. Heather and I were discussing how we feel about graduating. We both agree we should feel more intellectual or... something...
Graduation weekend was crazy, but lots of fun. My dad came out from NH and Mike and Raphaelle came from Santa Barbara. Ruth came down from Ripon too, which was cool. For the most part, the weekend was a blur except for hanging out with Dad, Mike and Raphaelle. Dad got to meet Dr. Smith and the Gilmores too, which was neat.
So, like I said, I'm still working at The Master's College. I'm still the IBEX Secretary for the summer and was planning on doing it full-time since nothing else had come up from the temp agency I applied at... UNTIL TODAY! Now, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but the guy from Appleone (the temp agency) called me today and said he has something at a Travel Company booking appointments and doing background checks on people. He said it would be until the beginning of June, but might go a little longer (I was planning on working until June 30th). AND he said it'll pay around $12/hr! Much better than the $8.05 I'm getting as the IBEX Secretary. Hm... Am I allowed to talk about my earnings on my blog? I dunno.
Change of subject. Heather's coming over to "my" apartment tonight for a girl movie night. Oh yeah, I'm staying with a woman from my church who is an LAPD officer and isn't home much, but is VERY generous. She said I can eat all her food and use all her stuff (free laundry!) and would be offended if I felt like I needed to get my own stuff so I didn't use hers. Yeah, she's the most generous person I think I've ever met. She said that the apartment is mine while I'm there, so that's pretty sweet and Heather's coming over tonight! :-D ROOMIE NIGHT!!!
This is getting long, but I wanted to mention that Happy is working for a construction/contracting company until June 30th. He's making good money, but standing in the sun all day long. His back is already starting to hurt him and he's only been working since Monday. Pray for strength for him!
Before I go, I would just like to mention that the Lord is absolutely amazing! Maybe I've just been ignorant or taking the glory for myself in the past, but I've seen lately that the Lord truly is our Great Provider. With the excitement of graduating, getting married, finding places to live and jobs to work our Gracious Heavenly Father has given so abundantly beyond what I could have imagined! I pray that I will continue seeing His hand at work and trusting Him in the midst of the challenges life brings. Oi. I feel like a Hallmark card. Ok, back to work. Leave comments! I know I've been MIA, but I'm back and I miss hearing from everyone. Jen, you can argue with Mike. I give you permission :-)

2 Comments:
I've never really seen a Hallmark card that says anything like that!
Whose Jen and why is she argueing with me and about what? Also, Andrew, you dont even read the cards, so how would you know?
~Parker
Post a Comment
<< Home