Thursday, April 13, 2006

Our Merciful Savior

Ok, so I still haven't posted any pictures of Spring Party, but hopefully I'll get them this weekend since there are no classes tomorrow. I'm not really sure how those two are connected, but trust me, they are.

I'm finished counseling in my class! I just had the last session and am completely in awe of the Lord's grace! The main thing we did was play 12 Blessings and then she praised the Lord in prayer for the blessings. Afterwards she said it was just what she needed. All I can say is that the Lord's grace never ceases to amaze me! He provides in the little things and the major things and everything in between! Praise the Lord!!!!

Considering that this week is Passion Week and Easter Sunday is only three days away, I think this session of counseling greatly increased my awareness of His mercy and grace. What a sinner I am to forget all the ways He blesses me, even when it doesn't seem pleasant at the time. Just as James 1:17 says "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." How slow I am to be thankful and how long it takes me to praise Him for His mighty works!

I hope this serves as an encouragement and challenge to you as you consider that the Lord Jesus Christ died on a cross and rose from the dead nearly 2000 years ago, just so that we can be forgiven of our heinous sins! He died while we were still sinners, His enemies, with nothing "good" in us, only desiring to please ourselves... He gives us this free gift, how much do we praise Him for it?

2 Comments:

At May 02, 2006 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy -- Your fans want to know more about everything! Did happy get the job? Are you nervous about graduating? Excited? Any thoughts on what to do with your hair for the wedding? We went details! We want a new posting on your blog!

Raphaelle

 
At May 11, 2006 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy Godwin, (almost) B.A.

Your readers want to know what's new! Post something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home