Grace and provision
Sigh... Well, the crazy part of my week is done and I'm looking back and wondering how it all got done. The Lord is SO faithful (and extremely gracious)!
I turned in my paper on Tuesday night and I think it turned out pretty good. The subject (the sufficiency of Scripture) is one I am passionate about and the Lord helped me to collect my thoughts and help the paper flow nicely. Regardless of the grade, I really enjoyed the research and writing it.
This afternoon I also turned in my book review (it was 5 1/2 pages) after reading His Needs, Her Needs. Interesting book... but not recommended without great discernment! He gives some helpful suggestions, but has terrible motives and an entirely unbiblical man-centered way of dealing with marital problems. The saddest thing was the lack of hope in the problems. How thankful I am that my God provides hope for me to overcome the sins I become so easily entangled in, all by the power of the Holy Spirit in me!
In that same class I counseled in front of everyone for the first time. I was pretty nervous and praying the whole time that I'd be able to focus and keep my train of thought on helping the girl I was counseling. It was a battle, but the Lord is faithful and I think He used me and His Word to challenge the girl. I will counsel her next week and the following week, so continue praying as I seek wisdom and discernment to help her.
Last Friday Happy and I started pre-marital counseling with Dr. Smith! This week we are supposed to come up with a "mission statement" for our marriage. Interesting... He told us about it Wednesday so I've only had a little time to think about it, but I'm sure we'll be adding to whatever we do come up with. Any suggestions out there?
Ok, I need to get to homework. I'm really hoping to get a decent night of sleep so I can work out in the morning since I haven't all week! Plus... I think I'm getting sick :-( Ah well... I think sleep will help. Have a lovely evening and thank you for all your prayers this week. What a great, great God we serve!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home