IBEX Group #1 - In Israel
The first group of IBEXers have successfully boarded the plane to Israel. Actually, as far as I know, they are already there and getting adjusted. It was pretty crazy getting them all ready to go, but it is the most exciting thing to send them off knowing this semester will change them more than they ever thought possible. The only sad part was staying behind as they left. I'm just thankful to be some small part in helping them get there (hopefully)! Aside from a small mishap with the shuttle bus (it was in the shop and we didn't find out until a half hour before we were supposed to leave for the airport) Shirley, our travel agent, said it was the smoothest group she's had in a long time. That was encouraging for me to keep working hard for the upcoming trips.
Today was my first day back to Santa Clarita Baptist Church and I missed it! I did enjoy my church out in Great Barrington, but it's difficult to get attached to a church you'll probably only attend for two or three months. A new student, Alicia, came with Happy and me to church this morning and she seems really excited about making SCBC her "college church." We've signed up for the women's Bible study that takes place every other Tuesday night. Maybe I'll even learn more about areas where I can serve at the church!
Mike and Raphaelle, I know you read this sometimes. I just wanted to tell you that I finally got your wedding invitation! haha. Apparently they set it aside for me to put in my box once I returned. Silly. They shouldn't do that, if you ask me. I thought the reason they asked us for forwarding addresses was so that they might... oh... I dunno... forward our mail there? The envelope was postmarked May 9th. I guess I don't have to RSVP now huh? ;-)
Alright, I'm going to go read.... or maybe sleep...... but first read. Happy took me out to lunch today at Black Angus. It was CRAZY! When he told me we were going out to lunch I just assumed he meant with his whole family. hahahahaha. He was like, "No, just me and you. You know, like a DATE. You know, because you're my girlfriend." hahahahaha. I was like "OOOHH! Aww... thanks!" Yeah. I don't know what to say about that. I'm just that cool. It was very nice though and we had LOTS of food to eat and tons to take home. All that to say, I'm still very full and a nap sounds really good as I type more so I'd better read before my eyes won't stay open. Have a lovely Sunday afternoon! God bless!

4 Comments:
I'm glad that the invite finally made its way to you. Good luck with your first week of the end of college!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I logged on to ibexsemester.com and am ready to view another semester in Israel. It's amazing how much I have learned over the years about the geography and archaeology of Israel from following this site. [I was sorry to see Todd say this may be his last semester teaching. Do you think he means that particular course, or all courses? It looked like he might be considering returning stateside for a Ph.D.]
Busy, busy, oh so busy!
Post a Comment
<< Home