Thursday, February 26, 2004

hope in the Lord

i just got back from Bible study and it was SO good! clint has been going through 1 kings and we were on 19:1-18 tonight. it was about elijah when he is being chased by jezebel and thinks he's the only one left who hasn't bowed the knee to baal. i won't go way into it, but clint talked about the four pits of despair the Christian needs to avoid falling into. yeah, it was awesome. God is SO good! in my own life, i realized that some times i put my trust in things that don't last and that's when i get disappointed and lack hope. one of the passages he brought us to was in psalm 56 which has been in my aim profile for a little while now.

"When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?...You have taken account of my wanderings; put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?...In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?" Psalm 56:3-4, 8, 10-11

we are so blessed to have a hope that is beyond this world! who am i to despair when something doesn't go the way i want? who am i to put my faith and trust in anyone or anything except the sure and perfect promises of the Lord? what a humbling thought.... what a gracious, loving, faithful, patient, just, and holy Lord we serve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home