Friday, July 22, 2005

Steve

Today at work wasn't too different from normal aside from picking through moldy blueberries for two hours and a conversation I had with Steve, an older man who works in the kitchen. I jokingly asked him if he wanted to help me pick through blueberries and he told me he was off the clock. Naturally, I asked what he was still doing here and he told me about another job he has cooking dinner for a couple two nights a week. He was getting groceries for their dinner. That got me wondering if he went to school to learn how to cook (he cooks our roast chickens, pizzas, soups, and all the other prepared foods that aren't baked goods... I hope that makes sense) so I asked him. He ended up sharing about his entire career path that led him to Taft, where he's been for about 3 years now. It was pretty cool to hear all the places he's been and things he's done. Then I asked if he had any children and learned he has one 29 yr old daughter named Tovi. He started to explain to me that it means "good" in Hebrew and I excitedly said "I KNOW!!! COOL!!!" Her full name means "good flower of joy," although I don't remember what Steve said the rest of her name was. Oh well. I learned something new about Steve though, he's Jewish. I'm excited to get a chance to talk to him more. He knows I went to Israel and it'd be really neat to hear if he follows some of the Jewish traditions.

Well, that was the excitement for my day. Time to read! God is SO GOOD!!!

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2005 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! that is sooo cool!!! Speakig of Israel... I saw Meno last week. I was at a prophecy conference and he was one of the speakers... it was really cool to see him again. I told him to tell Todd that I say hi... that is if Todd remembers me:). Well I will talk to you later. School is starting soon!!! I am really looking forward to it... roomie :).

Heather

 
At July 23, 2005 6:56 PM, Blogger Happy said...

Heather, I saw that same prophecy conference advertised in a magazine! That's so cool that you got to go.

 
At July 24, 2005 6:44 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Heather, that is SO COOL!!! How was the conference (aside from seeing Meno there)? I can't wait to see you and Ruth and Abigail back at school. I need to send you guys an email and tell you everything that's been going on with me. Actually, I'd like to hear the same from you three! Hopefully that'll happen soon. I love you and miss you tons... roomie... hahaha ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home