Sticky
I thought the humidity was high yesterday, but it was worse today. The forecast for today was 82 degrees and a humidity level that would reach 92% at the highest point. YUCK! I'm not really sure if it actually was that humid, but I'm glad I wasn't out in the field planting or picking like most of my co-workers.
I am very excited to sleep in tomorrow.
Yesterday I went through some of the boxes I'd stored in the garage. Interesting the things I've kept. I found lots of old journal entries and felt like I was somewhere between the ages of 14 and 18 all over again. Weird. I also found old yearbooks that went all the way back to 7th grade. Again, weird. Looking at old photo albums was amusing.
I found a scrapbook I'd made from a mission trip I went on my senior year to the Dominican Republic. I enjoyed looking through that and remembering how much I learned about the Lord's sovereignty. I wrote in a journal for the 10 days we were there and cut it all out and pasted it in between pictures. It's pretty messy, but I'm glad I kept a journal. There was so many things I would have completely forgotten if I couldn't go back and read them. It made me want to get back into writing more. I used to keep a journal before I was saved and then a prayer journal afterwards. I have no idea where all my really old journals are, maybe in the basement, but I've gone back and read them before. One of the best things about re-reading your dumb old journals is praising the Lord at how far He's brought you since then. Plus, it's SO cool to compare my journal entries before and after salvation. The Lord is SO good!
Ok, now that I've talked about it, I want to go find all my old journals and gather all my boxes together so I can go through them, organize, throw away completely meaningless things, determine what I can sell, etc. Right. Have a lovely afternoon/evening! God bless!
p.s. Today is NINE months for Happy and me!!!! Best 9 months of my life so far :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home