Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Healthy dinner

Tonight Lisa and I had a fun girl night. We went to the library, then to the grocery store to pick up some salad fixings. We were quite excited about the mesclun mix, green beans, carrots, avocado, garbanzo beans and Lisa-made croutons that would comprise our healthy dinner. Lisa spent lots of time cleaning said items and putting them together in an attractive salad. Notice the picture below.

Both Lisa and I took our first bite and began chewing only to cringe at the extremely bitter lettuce we had chosen. Lisa ate everything around it and threw the rest of the lettuce away. I, on the other hand, tried to choke it all down at the risk of wasting food. Towards the end I just couldn't bear it and ended up throwing away the last third of my lettuce. Sadly, mind over matter did NOT work this time. I'm sure Happy will have something to say about that. Has anyone else ever experienced bitter lettuce like that? Lisa was laughing so hard at the faces I was making. For those of you who don't know, I can be pretty expressive with my face. The benefit to consuming such bitter lettuce: my hunger is completely satisfied. In fact, I might go so far as to say I don't think I could consume anything else for the rest of the night. Ah, the wonder of salad!

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2005 7:11 PM, Blogger Happy said...

seriously, you food-waster! I can't believe you're such a horrible steward of what God has given you! Psh...what have I gotten myself into?! Just kidding. Mind over matter. It works.

 
At July 20, 2005 10:04 PM, Blogger Happy said...

By the way, you should update your profile when you can manage it! I'm going to update mine tomorrow. Oh yeah, and can you figure out how to add your pic to the profile? I can't figure it out!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home