Tick... tock.... tick........... tock........
Today at the farm it felt like time was moving slower than usual. I know that's not possible, so there's no need to tell me it wasn't actually moving slower. When the time came for me to leave it was almost like I was watching the minutes tick by so that I could leave. I mean, I wasn't, but every time I looked at the clock it had only been a few minutes. Then I'd get involved with another project, finish, look at the clock, only to determine two minutes had passed or some other short period of time. Sigh. I'm glad to be done for the weekend!
I determined recently that I don't think I actually need 8 hours of sleep. Most mornings I wake up around 5:30 or 5:45 if I go to bed by 10:30 but then I'll try to go back to sleep until my alarm goes off, usually unsuccessfully. So, that's kind of nice if I really don't need 8 hours of sleep.
For those of you who read my blog and don't read Happy's, you should look at the picture he put up today. I personally really like it just because it's him, but it's funny for those who don't know him. Mom saw it and said she likes his muzzle. Haha. Well, I'm going to go read. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s so I'm hoping Lisa will want to go to a lake somewhere. Otherwise I'll be sitting in the sun and spraying myself off with the hose again. WOO HOO!! Ok, good night and God bless!

3 Comments:
Are you not nannying at all this summer?
Apparently not very frequently. Jessie said the next time I come they'll have checked their schedule for when they'll need me, but they travel a lot because they have lots of money (he's a doctor and she's an interior designer). So, I'm babysitting for them on the 1st and I don't know what's up after that. We'll see. Pray though for more!
Actually you could be experiencing a slowdown of time if you were moving quite quickly: as your velocity approaches the speed of light, time will actually slow down, and quite noticeably compared to those of us around you moving more slowly.
your friendly neighborhood pop-physicist.
Post a Comment
<< Home