THE BEAR
A black bear just camped out in my backyard for about a half hour eating all the sunflower seeds out of the bird feeders my mom had JUST filled up not an hour before. I got some sweet pictures and video, but since I have no clue how to do video on here, I'll just add the pictures. I was literally 20 feet from it with NOTHING between us. Mom made me come back inside though. I suppose that is smart, but it was SO COOL!!!!
The story is: Mom was going to paint in the backyard. She went out to the car to get her paint box and backpack (complete with portable stool and papertowels), then made her way to the backyard. She turned the corner and there was the bear, standing less than 10 feet away from her. Both parties pretty much freaked out. Mom ran into the house whimpering "OOOH... Girls! OOOH.... Girls! Girls!" to Lisa and me while the bear scooted back towards the tree near the fireplace. Mom got us over to see him run off (or so she thought), but the bear turned right back around and began his feast.
Bears in the back yard... Ah, Great Barrington :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home