I need feedback
Yuck. I just rode my bike home and had two rather unpleasant experiences. First, a LARGE bug flew into the side of my head and it whacked me pretty hard, for a bug. Second, I was just about home when I heard some whistling that sounded like someone trying to get another person's attention. I ignored it until it go SO constant that I thought it might be someone I know. Yeah, I was wrong, it was this guy who waved once I looked. For any guys who read this, NEVER do that! Well, I mean if you know the girl and are just saying hi, fine, but I didn't know this guy. Arg. Sometimes it is frustrating being a girl simply because of the way guys act towards you. There's an older guy at work, probably in his 60s and he often asks me "jokingly" if I want to run away with him. I don't know how to respond. Now I just say "I have a boyfriend, I think he'd be jealous!" It seems to work ok most of the time. The other day he nonchalantly called me "Baby." He caught me so off guard I think I made a face, and he hasn't called me that since (thankfully). Last summer Paul (the son of the owners of the farm) used to try to tickle me. Thankfully (again) I'm not that ticklish and would make this annoyed "Uh..." noise and then basically glare at him any time he did it. Looking back, I should have said something more, but he hasn't done it yet this summer. One of the first things I said to him when I came back this summer was the fact that I have a boyfriend :-D Of course today while I was talking to Happy during my lunch break, Paul walked by and tugged my ponytail. I ignored him.
Ok, I say all this to ask if my readers have any suggestions on how I should handle some of these situations. I don't want to be rude and I'd like to get along with my co-workers, but I definitely want to make it clear that I'm not interested in flirting. Oh yes, and most days I'm wearing jeans and a long, baggy t-shirt that I don't care about because I get dirty sometimes at work. So it isn't like I'm wearing something that is begging for attention. Ok, I'm going to go read. Please leave comments if you have any tips! God bless!

1 Comments:
You could always add "and my boyfriend is very jealous, and has a cousin who has mob connections and no problems going back to jail", but i am not sure how effective that would be. Sorry, no truly helpful tips: I dont get flirted with much, and well i am so handsome and dare i say charming i dont need to do much flirting. Good luck, and on behalf of the entire male race, i apologize.
~Michael
Post a Comment
<< Home