Sunday, March 27, 2005

It's over! Well, almost...

Sadly, tomorrow is the last day of Spring Break. Back to life... sigh...

However, since I haven't updated in a while, I'll let you know what I've been up to these last few days. Interestingly enough, Happy returned from Yosemite early on Tuesday with a LOT of wet camping equipment, countless pounds of food, and a few slightly bummed out guys. I think some were thankful to return to showers and warm beds, but I could be wrong. Needless to say, I didn't mind hearing they were back. Actually, I was just glad Happy was back and thankful no one got hypothermia or lost fingers or toes to frostbite.

Thursday I spent the day with Mrs. Gilmore doing bunches of girl stuff! We went shopping and I learned how to develop pictures from a digital camera at Wal-Mart :-) It was kind of funny since we went through them ALL thinking we had selected what we wanted only to learn that we hadn't actually done anything and needed to do it all again. haha. I felt pretty cool since the majority of people my age know how to do that and I'm still mostly clueless. Yeah, I'm not in the loop yet... but I'm getting closer...... hopefully........

Friday Happy and I went running around 10:30 and then I sat by the pool reading for about two hours. We watched Napoleon Dynamite before leaving for dinner at the Gilmore's and the Good Friday service at church.

Saturday afternoon Happy and I went to the beach and I tried skinboarding!!! I'm really good at it...... hehe. No, I'm not actually good at all. Happy has some video of how amazing I am. You'd be impressed for sure to see it. But, I had SO much fun and we took lots of pictures (which I still don't have on my computer yet, so they'll come later on here) and then went to dinner at this hole-in-the-wall Mexican place that has SUCH good burritos. I forget the name of it. I know it starts with a "P" and Happy has a red shirt that is from there... Man, I'm so good. On the way back from the beach we had to stop by the church and finish a few things. I vacuumed while Happy did other stuff... which I know involved straightening rows, but that wasn't all he did. I didn't see what he was doing since I was, well, vacuuming. When I got back to my room Heather was already in bed, though not asleep. We talked for a little bit but basically went right to sleep.

Phew... Ok, today was such a nice Easter... I mean... Resurrection Sunday :-) We spent the day at the Gilmore's and had a lovely dinner and then cheese and chips for... I don't know what they technically call it... I suppose it's something of a later meal that is smaller than the afternoon meal, but since you ate a ton earlier you are only a little hungry anyways and need just a little bit to tide you over. Yep, I'm sure that helps a lot. haha. I think I'm getting tired.

When we got back I met up with Roothie and Happy and I helped her carry in stuff from her car. THEN... I watched ANOTHER girly movie with Ruth and Heather and decided that I've had my fill of girly movies for the semester I think.

Speaking of thinking... I think this is a very long post... I also think that I'm tired so I think I'll get ready for bed. I think I'm cold too so I'll put on a sweatshirt. I think I'll go now and stop saying "think." Good night and God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home