Saturday, March 12, 2005

AMAZING GRACE!!!!

Hello everyone, I just thought I should update, since I haven't all week and I sort of left an open-ended post last Sunday.

Monday, as you know, I had a massive Hebrew exam. I left the class thinking there was no possible way I could have passed the test. While I thought of many different ways I could respond to the situation, I did my best to pray for the Lord's grace NOT to get angry or bitter, but I have to be honest... it was rough.

Tuesday was a low-key day, but I had to prepare for a presentation I was giving on Wednesday in Message Preparation, so that made it less low-key than I had hoped. On top of all that, the message I was giving was on self-centeredness. Needless to say, when you study something like that, you realize how incredibly self-centered you are. It was really good though. I gave examples from my own life and now I'm seeing that my selfishness goes significantly deeper than I ever could have imagined. Then again, it helps me to be more prayerful and trust in the Lord more. The Lord is amazing! On Wednesday, the presentation went well enough. Watching it again later helped me to see that I wasn't as awkward up there as I had thought and felt.

Friday Happy and I had our English Literature midterm so we were up late studying for that as well. I also had a Hebrew vocab quiz and a quiz in Government which I had to read for. However, Friday in class we got our exams back from Monday... I found out I got a B-!!!!!!!!! I just sat there and stared at it for a while thinking nothing but "Praise the Lord!" Getting a better grade on the exam than I was expecting certainly helped me to be motivated for school. It can be very discouraging when you do poorly on exams, especially if you studied for a long time. Also, I got 9/7 on my quiz in Hebrew because I got the bonus right. God is SO GOOD!!!

Last night was an IBEX girls' night out that I missed because I was sleeping. I got out of work at 4 pm and was asleep by 4:15. Happy called me a little after 6 and I really don't remember much of the conversation. I think he asked if I was going to dinner and I think I said no, but when I woke up again at 6:30, I decided I'd be hungry later if I didn't eat and went down. I saw Abigail there and we decided to watch the 3rd Lord of the Rings, which I still hadn't seen. It was really nice to hang out with Abigail since I basically never see her!

So, this week... I learned a lot about the Lord's grace. It extends to the far reaches of our lives and sustains us when we think we are doing all the work. I am SO thankful for His work through the Word, prayer, classes, people, even work! I will say, however, that one of my favorite parts of a crazy week is the end of it when I get to sleep :-D Alright, I'm off work and heading up to my room for a while to read before dinner. Have a lovely weekend, God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home