Thursday, June 30, 2005

ZZZZzzzz....

Ok, I said I'd write more later, but I forgot until now so this will be quick because I need to go to bed! Yesterday and today there were thunderstorms like CRAZY and it was lots of fun. Last night I fell asleep to the sound of rain and slept SO well. It was the best night of sleep I think I've had all summer. I didn't wake up until 6:07 am (still before my alarm went off at 6:15) which is way better than the 5:45 time I've been waking up at somewhat consistently.

Oh yeah, I was saying I rode my bike home in the rain. Well, it didn't start raining until about 5 minutes into my 15 minute ride home. However, once it started it was a downpour! There were a few large drops that steadily increased until I could hardly see. Yes, it was dangerous, but thankfully it didn't get too bad until I was on the sidewalk (there's a part of my ride that's on the sidewalk and a part that there is no sidewalk). Even still, I was totally drenched and dripping by the time I got home. I literally poured puddles out of my sneakers. It was a welcome warm rain though after the high humidity all day.

One more thing... I brought pictures of Happy and me to work to show everyone because lots of people have been asking for pictures. Pennie thinks we are a very cute couple and Martha (the owner's wife) said we both have very nice smiles. Sue said "He looks like a quality guy. He's a keeper!" hehe... I agree :-)

One more thing (I know I already said that)... Pray for a girl named Amanda who works at the farm. We got to talking about college and then long distance relationships and then Christianity yesterday and she asked me how I decided that I wanted to be a Christian. I kind of fumbled around for a little bit, but explained to her that I used to be Catholic and talked about being saved by grace. Really, the conversation was short and between pricing out new products. She seemed really interested in it though and was very open in asking me questions. Pray for more opportunities and pray for boldness and compassion for me that I say the stuff that's hard to hear (particularly confronting her with the fact that we're all sinners). God is SO GOOD! Ok, I'm going to bed for REAL now. Good night and God bless!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home